LOFT Community Services
Development Manager – Mid-Level Donors
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic organization helping people with complex challenges turn their lives around and recover their dignity and independence. LOFT works with people living with complicated issues that include mental and physical health, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. With an operating budget of $32 million, 1300 units of supportive housing and serving about 4,700 people a year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers and a leader in community-based services for people most in need.
When people with mental and physical health challenges, addiction issues or cognitive impairment find themselves marginalized, vulnerable and homeless or threatened with homelessness, LOFT is ready to offer dignity and hope. LOFT steps up to serve those most in need by offering them the safety and stability of housing and the practical support they need to regain their dignity and take control of their lives. It promotes recovery and independence for people with complex challenges including serious mental health challenges, dementia, substance abuse issues, physical health challenges and homelessness or the risk of becoming homeless.
LOFT has been doing this work since 1953 reaching out to serve those who often fall through the cracks. When people have nowhere else to turn, LOFT is there for them. LOFT takes a proactive approach to addressing community challenges, responding to the evolving needs of the day with innovative programming that seeks to empower our clients to be able to take back control of their lives.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a new Development Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the new Development Manager will be a key member of a recently expanded four-person development team with a shared goal of galvanizing supporters and growing annual revenue to fund the innovative services that will transform the lives of LOFT clients.
Donor Prospecting, Identification, Cultivation, Acquisition and Stewardship (60% of time)
- Increasing the number of mid-level donors (up to $10,000)
- Work closely with the Director of Development and other staff to develop fundraising strategies.
- Stewarding existing donors (individuals, corporations and foundations)
- Grant writing
- Generate Impact reports
- Conduct appropriate research required to identify, qualify and evaluate donor prospects
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level. Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
- Provides excellent customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of donors.
- Perform cross-functional and other duties as required
Communications (40% of time)
- Generate grant proposals
- Supports the quarterly newsletter and website
- Supports case development
- Ensure donor files (in Raisers Edge) are accurate and kept current with status moves, actions, research notes, etc.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in fundraising
- Grant writing experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in communications, public relations, fundraising or related discipline is desirable.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills in English, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a mature and professional manner.
- Competency in Word, Excel and Power Point.
- A working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Confident interpersonal skills with proven customer service ability.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
This search is being conducted on behalf of the LOFT Community Services by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting fundraisers and leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
Submit your application by selecting the top ‘Apply for this Position’ tab to upload your cover letter and resume by December 11, 2017.
For additional information please reach out to Deborah Legrove at 416.977.2913. For technical issues, please contact email@example.com
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted online only. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.