WellFort Community Health Services
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Since 2009, WellFort Community Health Services has been committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable care to our diverse communities in Peel Region, which includes Bramalea, Brampton and Malton areas. WellFort provides Health Promotion & Programs, Primary Health Care, Oral Health Care, and Diabetes, HIV & HEP C Education through two locations in Brampton and Mississauga and works alongside local residents and partner agencies to increase community capacity. Its family includes: Bramalea Community Health Centre, Four Corners Health Centre, Bloom Clinic, Diabetes Education Program, and Health n' Smiles.
WellFort is part of the Brampton/Etobicoke and Area Ontario Health Team, one of the largest among the province’s first OHTs. Of the 186 members, 144 are physicians and physician groups – collectively serving a population of close to 900,000 people within the Brampton, Bramalea, North Etobicoke, Malton and West Woodbridge regions. WellFort serves the non-insured, refugees and newcomers to Canada.
The Chief Executive Officer, (CEO) provides the leadership to guide the successful execution of the WellFort mission and vision within the authority delegated by the WellFort Board of Directors. The CEO is responsible for the effective development and management of WellFort’s programs and operations while exercising stewardship over its human and financial resources. Further, the CEO is the chief advocate and spokesperson for WellFort and as such represents the organization in the community, with stakeholders, funders, sponsors and the media.
- Proven senior management experience as a seasoned leader of a non-profit organization in the broader health care or community health field
- Strong board governance experience– ideally has reported to a board previously
- Knowledge of issues relating to and impacting the clientele WellFort serves (the non-insured, refugees and newcomers)
- Ability to work collaboratively and consultatively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain a productive working relationship with other community agencies, boards of directors and government agencies
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, evaluate and develop staff in a team environment
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, decision-making and problem solving
- Familiarity with and sensitivity to cultural difference in the workplace and within the community
- A strategic leader with excellent leadership and management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the communities served by WellFort
- Strong computer literacy and familiarity with management information systems including new technologies in the health care field
- Strong writing, presentation and verbal communication skills in English. French language skills and/or a language reflective of the diverse communities served by the Centre would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills: ability to motivate, lead, and empower others to achieve goals within an interdisciplinary team environment
- Stakeholder relations: ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate the accomplishment of goals
- Honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decision and actions
- Strong people and change management skills: experience leading, senior staff
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to take a broad-based view of issues and events and formulate strategies and policies that reflect creative new approaches
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets, analyze financial records and prepare reports
- Personal commitment to organizational excellence
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to getting results
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competence.
- Master’s degree in Business, Health Administration, Public Administration, Social Work or related field, or equivalent in related experience in such fields as community health, social services and/or public policy.
This search is being conducted on behalf of WellFort Community Health Services by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Deadline to apply: April 10, 2020.
Please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume, as two separate documents through our website.
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Latimer at Liz@crawfordconnect.com or call 416.690.5377 / 1.866.647.5149.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.