Shalom Manor & Gardens is a unique and dedicated Christian Seniors community that has been serving the Dutch Canadian seniors from Reformed, Christian backgrounds since 1979. This multimillion-dollar organization is funded by the Ministry of Long-Term Care and is ideally situated in Grimsby Ontario, a vibrant growing town located within the Golden Horseshoe nestled between Lake Ontario and the Niagara Escarpment.
Shalom is a highly reputable long-term care and retirement home, with 286 staff, of which 105 are full-time positions, 100+ part-time staff, a full-time Chaplain and over 200 loyal volunteers. The building itself is most noteworthy for its unparalleled cleanliness, large auditorium for worship services and group events, general store and café, courtyard patio and gardens, larger than legislated resident rooms with many sitting areas and fabulous views, and even an underground tunnel to a retirement complex next door, promoting community and friendships.
The board of Shalom Manor is conducting a search for a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Grimsby, Ontario
The CEO will be responsible for ensuring the provision of quality health care operations and accountability for Shalom’s programs and services in accordance with its mission, vision and Christian values, relevant legislation, professional bodies, policies, and directives from the Ministry of Long-Term Care and the LHIN / Ontario Health Team-Hamilton. In this role, he/she will collaborate with the Board to establish and implement the strategic plan while ensuring budget, staff and priorities are aligned with Shalom Manor’s vision. Over the next five years, the new CEO will oversee the development of a new campus of care location in Hamilton and eventually be responsible for effectively leading two distinct facilities (Shalom Manor Grimsby and the newly developed Hamilton site), under one organization.
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior leadership role in healthcare, ideally within the long-term care sector
- Business experience leading a larger (200 + staff) multi-site organization
- Building development/project management experience
- Operations integration (Mount Nemo and Shalom Manor – Grimsby)
- Labour relations (unionized and non-unionized environments)
- Experience with governance boards
- Committed Christian, who is comfortable communicating his/her faith and demonstrates Christ-like values and behaviours
- Strong servant leadership; leads by example; an influencer
- Subscribes to and models the Home’s mission, vision and values
- Ability to lead at a high level, as well as an operational level, at least initially, to enhance operations as Shalom Manor expands
- Transformational change visionary
- Strategically orientated to the future
- Ability to build trusting and cohesive relationships with the board, leadership team, staff, community partners, donors and other stakeholders
- Good communication skills - clarifies vision by communicating established roadmaps with timelines and expectations that various stakeholders can understand
- Strong problem solver; effectively devises innovative solutions/resolutions
- Acts as the public persona of the organization
- 4-year university degree plus certification, license or professional designation
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Health Administration preferred
- Successful completion of a program in long-term care home administration or management (or to be completed within one year of employment in order to be qualified as an Administrator as per the LTC Homes Act).
This search is being conducted on behalf of Shalom Manor by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
To apply by February 15, 2020 please apply with your cover letter and resume, as two separate documents, through our website.
Questions about the position? Contact Janice Wooster at email@example.com or 416.388.4049 / 1.866.647.5149.
Issues with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.