CAMBRIDGE & NORTH DUMFRIES COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
-We connect donors who care with causes that matter-
The Cambridge & North Dumfries Community Foundation (“CNDCF”) is a charitable organization that enhances the quality of life and vitality in Cambridge and North Dumfries and surrounding communities by supporting and promoting fund development, grant-making and community leadership. Established in 1998, the CNDCF’s mission is to engage in its local community to connect projects and ideas with resources that help its community thrive now and forever. The Foundation is a member in good standing of the Community Foundations of Canada.
CNDCF works and partners with local organizations and caring citizens to provide grants to worthy local causes. Its goal is to support a wide range of initiatives which sustain and improve the quality of life in Cambridge & North Dumfries.
The Cambridge & North Dumfries Community Foundation that manages assets of $10 million, serves the people and neighbourhoods of Cambridge and North Dumfries. Governed by an 11-member Board of Directors, the Foundation is provincially incorporated as a non-profit corporation.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the organization, direction and management of all activities of the Foundation with primary responsibility for the:
- development, co-ordination and implementation of plans and strategies to increase the endowed and other assets of CNDCF in accordance with the strategic plan.
- active promotion and community awareness of CNDCF while broadening the level of understanding and support for the Foundation and its activities.
Experience and Knowledge:
- A strong relationship builder and generalist with a minimum of 5 years of management experience in the non-profit sector and/or corporate experience.
- Experience with non-profit boards of directors as well as strong volunteer management (both committees and boards). Demonstrates ability to build relationships with leaders in the voluntary, private, and government sectors
- Brings experience in fundraising, specifically in gift planning and major gifts
- Strong marketing and communications experience required to help build awareness of the Foundation including social media experience
- Proficient in the use of technology as it pertains to business management
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong experience as an emerging leader
- An authentic collaborator
- Strategic thinker, able to conceptualize and explain complex ideas
- Results – driven with good planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Solid communication and presentation skills: both written, verbal coupled with strong listening skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrated capacity to work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds
- Strong commitment to team work, able to mobilize people in joint efforts
- Strategic marketer – in order to strengthen awareness of The Cambridge & North Dumfries Community Foundation
- Post–secondary education or equivalent
- Knowledge of key issues and trends that impact the Cambridge and North Dumfries community
- Experience working/volunteering with a community foundation
- Knowledge of grant-making, including ethical, regulatory and legal issues
- Understanding of financial and investment administration
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Cambridge & North Dumfries Community Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting fundraisers and leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
Submit your application, by visiting: http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/?WebJobPostingsID=8. Select the ‘Apply for this Position’ tab to upload your cover letter and resume by September 11, 2017.
For additional information please reach out to Linda Samis at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1.866.647.5149 / 416.781.3618. For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted in one document online only. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.