Foundation Administrator (PT)
The Sprott Foundation is a Canadian private foundation that provides humanitarian aid for urgent human need, homelessness and hunger. Established in 1988, the Foundation supports initiatives that enable self-sufficiency and dignity for those in need. Its interests include:
- Social & Human Services
- A strong interest supporting indigenous populations
Reporting to a Director of the Board, the Foundation Administrator manages the Foundation’s day to day operations and represents the Foundation to grantees and grant seekers. This part-time position (3 days per week), will work to maintain this already established foundation.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- A mature non-profit professional with a minimum of 8 – 10 years of management experience in grants management or in the non-profit sector
- Experience with governance and boards of directors as well as strong volunteer management
- An ability to build relationships with people, and sustain existing relationships with Grantees, on a variety of levels and in different types of organizations
- Strong public speaker
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to professionally represent the Foundation in meetings with Grantees
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to assess grant seekers’ needs and assess their financial statements
- Knowledge and understanding of Family foundations
- Exceptional verbal, written communication skills; proven ability to effectively and passionately communicate with a wide variety of audiences in a variety of settings
- Ability to attend relevant evening or weekend events or travel on behalf of the Foundation
- Familiar with Microsoft Office to be able to generate reports and charts and respond to Grantees’ emails
- University degree in Business Administration or Commerce, or, a suitable combination of related experience and education in the non-profit or philanthropic sector
- Knowledge of key issues and trends that impact Family foundations
- CFRE or related certification
- A strong interest in First Nation’s issues or, a willingness to learn and incorporate these issues into the Foundation’s grant program
This search is being conducted on behalf of The Sprott Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
By November 5, 2018, please apply with both your cover letter and resume by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
For additional information regarding this job posting please reach out to Clare McDowall at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416.977.2913.
We request all applications to be submitted online only: this includes a cover letter and a resume for all submissions.
For technical issues in submitting your application online, please contact email@example.com.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website in confidence.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.