Job ID 97
Senior Manager, Leadership Gifts
(Richmond Hill / Vaughn / Greater Toronto Area)
Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional healthcare provider serving a population of more than a half million people across York Region and beyond. Nationally recognized for its commitment to safety and quality patient care, Mackenzie Health is a healthcare leader with a wide variety of academic partners. Mackenzie Health includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, as well as a comprehensive network of community-based services in Richmond Hill, Vaughan and the surrounding communities.
Mackenzie Health's vision is to create a world-class health experience. This means delivering quality, compassionate and timely patient-centered care. It means that everything we do is focused on our patients and community.
Mackenzie Health Foundation
Established in 1977, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $125 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. With the mission to inspire inspirational gifts, we are proud of our long tradition of partnership with our generous community.
The Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign
Mackenzie Health Foundation is spearheading the $250-million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign – the largest fundraising drive led by a community hospital in Canada – to help build and equip Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. The campaign will help build an outstanding state-of-the-art hospital and purchase the leading-edge equipment and technology that will attract and inspire best-in-class specialists and health care teams at both its hospitals. To date, the Foundation has attracted over $80 million towards the campaign. A lead transformational pledge from Magna International Inc. of $10-million will name the emergency department at Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, the Magna Emergency.
Senior Manager, Leadership Gifts:
Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy & Campaigns, the Senior Manager, Leadership Gifts will drive revenue by leading a team of dedicated professionals to maximize support from the community by enhancing volunteer engagement opportunities and securing significant philanthropic commitments that meet the highest priority needs of Mackenzie Health Foundation. The Senior Manager, Leadership Gifts will play a critical role in developing and managing a team of Major Gifts Officers and their initiatives and activities in support of the Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign. Goal-oriented and independent, the new incumbent will take the initiative and lead all aspects of the Major Gifts program of gifts ranging from $25,000 - $1 million.
- Familiarity with comprehensive fundraising functions and regulations.
- Superior relationship building skills, including the ability to relate effectively with people at all levels both internally and external to Mackenzie Health Foundation.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills and the ability to relate effectively communicate to a diverse constituency.
- Strong management skills, with the ability to mentor, coach, and supervise development professionals.
- A results-oriented focus, a driven attitude and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising and problem-solving.
- Ability to develop and manage departmental and project budgets.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- MS Office; Raiser’s Edge; database management is an asset; ability to learn new software quickly
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in fundraising, the most recent in a managerial role, or relevant experience preferred.
- Significant professional fundraising experience and demonstrated results in maintaining and upgrading existing donors as well as prospecting and cultivation.
- Direct experience managing major gift and campaign philanthropy staff in a mission-driven non-profit environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and “close” individual relationships, and clear evidence of ability to close gifts.
- Experience working with a non-profit Board of Directors and other volunteers.
- University degree /college diploma in relevant field required.
- CFRE (an asset)
- Healthcare or not-for-profit experience an asset.
- Campaign experience.
- Planned giving exposure.
- Experience working with a diverse community.
- A second language.
This national search is being conducted on behalf of Mackenzie Health Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By May 7, 2018, please apply with your cover letter and resume to both, our website, click the "Apply for this position" Button and by email directly to Clare McDowall at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Job ID 97 – Senior Manager, Leadership Gifts in the subject line.
Questions about the position? Please reach out to Clare McDowall at email@example.com.
Issues with applying? Please call 416-977-2913 or 1 (866) 647-5149 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website or by email to our consultant, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.