Job ID 95
Senior Officer, Major Gifts
(Richmond Hill / Vaughan / Greater Toronto Area)
Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional healthcare provider serving a population of more than a half million people across York Region and beyond. Nationally recognized for its commitment to safety and quality patient care, Mackenzie Health is a healthcare leader with a wide variety of academic partners. Mackenzie Health includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, as well as a comprehensive network of community-based services in Richmond Hill, Vaughan and the surrounding communities.
Mackenzie Health's vision is to create a world-class health experience. This means delivering quality, compassionate and timely patient-centered care. It means that everything we do is focused on our patients and community.
Mackenzie Health Foundation
Established in 1977, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $125 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. With the mission to inspire inspirational gifts, we are proud of our long tradition of partnership with our generous community.
The Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign
Mackenzie Health Foundation is spearheading the $250-million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign – the largest fundraising drive led by a community hospital in Canada – to help build and equip Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. The campaign will help build an outstanding state-of-the-art hospital and purchase the leading-edge equipment and technology that will attract and inspire best-in-class specialists and health care teams at both its hospitals. To date, the Foundation has attracted over $80 million towards the campaign. A lead transformational pledge from Magna International Inc. of $10-million will name the emergency department at Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, the Magna Emergency.
Senior Officer, Major Gifts
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Leadership Gifts the incumbent will be responsible for proactively managing a pipeline of prospective donors in all stages of the development cycle. Working closely with senior volunteers, the Campaign and Major Gifts teams and colleagues at Mackenzie Health and the Foundation, you will develop and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies that will provide prospective donors with meaningful opportunities to impact the cause at Mackenzie Health.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in fundraising with a demonstrated track record of closing large gifts of 5 and 6 figure gifts required
- Extremely effective interpersonal skills with a professional presence and manner, and capable of exercising independent judgment, initiative and flexibility.
- Knowledge of planned giving
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, works proactively, and manages competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills and exacting attention to detail.
- Superb critical and analytical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively and persuasively and present to diverse groups.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office software applications and demonstrated knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, preferred.
- A flexible team player able to collaborate with and inspire colleagues and senior volunteers.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to tell a story through metrics.
- Access to a vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s licence.
- University degree or college diploma or relevant field required.
- CFRE an asset
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Healthcare or not-for-profit experience an asset
- Campaign experience
- Experience working with diverse cultures
- Knowledge of Mackenzie Health’s catchment area is an asset
- A second language.
This national search is being conducted on behalf of Mackenzie Health Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By May 11, 2018, please apply with your cover letter and resume to both, our website, click the "Apply for this position" Button and by email directly to Janice Wooster at email@example.com referencing Job ID 95 – Senior Officer, Major Gifts in the subject line.
Questions about the position? Please reach out to Janice Wooster at firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 388-4049.
Issues with applying? Please call 1 (866) 647-5149 or email email@example.com.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website or by email to our consultant, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.