Title: Director of Philanthropy
(Milton, Greater Toronto Area)
Formerly known as Ontario Agri-Food Education Inc., AgScape is a not-for-profit, registered charity incorporated under the Agricultural and Horticultural Organizations Act of the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food. AgScape was created in 1991 with the mission of building awareness and understanding of the importance of an agriculture and food system. The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs provides partial funding in support of AgScape programs and services.
AgScape is the voice of Agriculture in the Classroom Ontario! It delivers factual, balanced, curriculum-linked food literacy programs and resources to Ontario's educators and students. Its goal is to stimulate critical thinking and dialogue in the classroom.
AgScape is growing and is seeking qualified candidates for the role of a:
Director of Philanthropy
Reporting to the Executive Director, and in collaboration with marketing & communications, the Director of Philanthropy is responsible for building the philanthropic revenues for AgScape. This is a new position and the result of growth in the sector. Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Creates, adjusts and continuous development of a fund development plan to increase philanthropic and sponsorship revenues to meet AgScape’s fundraising goals towards sustainability
- Cultivates, solicits, recognizes and stewards a portfolio of 75-100 prospective donors and key stakeholders by identifying, developing relationships with the corporate sector, community and individual prospects
- Monitors and evaluates all fundraising activities to ensure that the philanthropic goals are achieved
- Develops and manages the annual budget and fund development business plan
- Continuously builds relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission of the organization
Skills, Attributes & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience in Fund Development role with a small to medium sized non-profit
- Proven track record of raising 5 – 6 figure gifts
- Excellent networking skills and relationship building skills
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience in researching/writing proposals and securing support/funding for new ideas and partnerships
- Strong analytical, financial management and budgeting skills
- A professional presence coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the agriculture and education sectors an asset
- University degree / college diploma
Deadline for this application is April 30, 2018
This job posting is posted by crawfordconnect to support AgScape in their search for a new Director of Philanthropy. Please apply following the below instructions. DO NOT apply through crawfordconnect website online portal. Only resumes submitted following the application instructions below will be accepted.
How to apply:
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email and submit your resume along with a cover letter expressing interest, including how you see your fit with AgScape, to the attention of Kirsty Klaas at email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.