Interim Executive Director (contract)
Street Haven at the Crossroads offers pathways for women experiencing or at risk of homelessness, through a variety of integrated services including: Emergency Shelter, Supportive Housing, Addiction Services and a Learning Centre.
Founded in 1965, Street Haven’s services include:
- A 50-bed emergency shelter which provides basic living needs including safety, meals, clothing, hot showers, access to medical support and counselling to help rebuild their lives;
- Supportive Housing accommodations for 32 women in three different downtown Toronto locations. Residents, who may be recovering from trauma, addressing mental wellness challenges or substance abuse issues, learn to set their own goals, live independently and become active community members. A variety of workshops and programs are offered to enhance life skills and communication;
- Addiction Services – Grant House is a six-month, 10-bed residential treatment program for women with substance use issues;
- The Street Haven Learning Centre provides free training with a flexible, women-centred approach. Two unique programs - Literacy and Basic Skills and Pre-Employment support women’s educational, employment and independence pathways. In addition, there is access to 8 computers in the lab with internet, Microsoft suite and self-directed learning programs.
Street Haven is funded by government (79%), donations, grants and room & board of its residents.
Reporting to the President of the Board, the Interim Executive Director will provide leadership for Street Haven and be the face of the organization during their tenure. They will support the work of the board and attend all board meetings. The Interim ED will lay the groundwork for the Permanent Executive Director while being responsible for the management of all aspects of the operation and services. The Interim ED is accountable for human resources, all programming, property and finances including fundraising.
The Board of Directors is looking for an Interim Executive Director to start late May/Early June for a 3 - 4 month contract. Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Experience in Interim leadership in the non-profit sector and a proven track record in organizational leadership
- Minimum 10 years in a leadership role of a non-profit
- Strong performance management and leadership skills - brings best practices on Operational Procedures
- Demonstrated track record of financial competency and solid business acumen
- An articulate communicator (written & verbal)
- Experience working with a volunteer board and board governance
- Experience in the sector working with shelters and/or supportive housing and the mental health community (an asset)
- Education: Undergraduate university degree
Please select the 'Apply to this Position’ button up top to upload your cover letter and resume by April 20, 2018.
For additional information please reach out to Cynthia Armour at firstname.lastname@example.org at 416.977.2913 or 1.866.647.5149. We request all applications be submitted online only. For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.