Director, Human Resources
Brain Injury Services is a community-based rehabilitation service for individuals who have sustained a brain injury. The agency has approximately 300 staff in eight different sites, providing a full-range of integrated services including 24-hour residential care as well as group and community outreach services.
Brain Injury Services cares for people who have suffered a brain injury as a result of a stroke, a brain tumour, a motor vehicle accidents or other head trauma. People with brain injuries can face many challenges that others take for granted every day, from memory loss to aphasia, from mental health issues to cognitive and physical disabilities.
With respect for each other and the people they serve, Brain Injury Services believes that every person with a brain injury deserves to realize their full and unique potential. If you want to make a difference, this is your caring team, working together to provide person-centred care and rehabilitation for people with brain injuries to help them adapt, learn and live as independently as possible.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director, Human Resources oversees the daily operation of the human resources department within the organization in accordance with the policies and objectives of the organization. Responsibilities include providing human resource related counsel, leading organizational initiatives and liaising with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate. Along with the Director, Finance and Director, Rehabilitative Services, the Director, Human Resources, assumes the responsibilities of the CEO in her/his absence.
- Oversee the payroll system;
- Oversee performance management processes;
- Participate in union negotiations;
- Manage investigations, and, in consultation with the CEO, conduct terminations;
- Develop the format for performance reviews and ensure the timeliness of these reviews;
- With the chief executive officer, develop and implement salary administration practices;
- Ensure that the employee benefit package is current and accurately administered;
- Oversee attendance management for the organization;
- Oversee Long Term Disability, WSIB and Return to Work processes for the organization;
- Maintain the organization’s pay equity plan;
- Oversee the employee engagement survey process and participate in action plans to address resulting feedback;
- Participate in the development of the organization’s strategic plan, quality plan and risk management plan;
- Manage the organization’s policy review process;
- Ensure the appropriate storage and security of personnel files;
- Identify and achieve service goals and performance indicators;
- Submit and monitor performance indicator data and initiate remedial action where necessary;
- Provide leadership regarding the achievement of organizational strategic directions;
- Identify strategies necessary to achieve performance indicators;
- Foster a culture of quality improvement and risk management through communication and education.
Skills and Experience:
- Three to five years’ work experience at a senior level in the areas of labour relations and collective bargaining, performance management, employee development and recognition, employee relations, policy maintenance, and compensation administration
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of labour laws, human rights, WSIB and other applicable employment legislation
- Demonstrated ability to handled sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid drivers’ license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field; CHRP designation an asset
This search is being conducted on behalf of Brain Injury Services by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
To submit your resume, please select the 'Apply to this Job' button up top to upload your resume and cover letter by March 26, 2018.
For additional information please reach out to Janice Wooster at firstname.lastname@example.org at 416.388-4049 or 1.866.647.5149. For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted online only. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.