Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college and was built in 1966.
Over the past 50 years Centennial College has transformed itself from a local community college to a global institution with a presence in several emerging markets, including China, India, South Korea and Brazil. As the first Ontario college, its core focus, as it has always been, is on preparing graduates to enter the work force, while offering students distinct ways to learn to be leaders. It has worked to build lasting partnerships with local communities while preparing graduates to succeed in a global context.
As Centennial reflects on its 50th year of operations, it continues to make impressive strides in meeting and exceeding the high expectations they set in their Strategic Plan, its Academic Plan and its Strategic Mandate Agreement with the Province of Ontario. It is exciting to look forward making learning ever more accessible and relevant, building and strengthening productive partnerships at home and globally, enriching capacity for scholarship and applied research. The College has transformed itself into a world-class international organization and has great momentum moving into the second half-century as a leader in postsecondary education.
Centennial’s commitment to bringing the new essential skills of innovation, entrepreneurship, global citizenship, social justice and collaboration to its learners continues to bear fruit. As a leader in internationalization, the College has done extensive work teaching international students. Conversely, it enables more Canadian learners to have an international adventure: be it completing a semester in Spain, an internship in South Africa or a Global Citizenship learning experience in the Amazon Basin.
Centennial College is conducting a leadership search for an:
Executive Director, Development & Alumni Engagement
This is an extraordinary opportunity for the right candidate. The Executive Director (ED) of the Office of Development and Alumni Engagement provides strategic direction and expertise in the areas of non-profit campaign management and alumni engagement. The ED will be responsible for overseeing and providing leadership to all aspects of the College’s fundraising and alumni engagement programs.
As the leader for this department, the ED is responsible for contributing to the College’s financial position through philanthropic investments and sponsorships from the private sector including alumni and non-alumni individuals, corporations, foundations, government and events. He/she will develop the College’s annual and long-term alumni engagement and fundraising goals as well as long and short-term plans to meet the goals, monitoring, measuring and modifying those plans as necessary.
The successful candidate will provide senior level leadership and direction for the operational, financial and personnel activities (including development and implementation of goals, long- and short-term plans, policies and procedures) for a major area of the College. The ED oversees the department and exercises strategic level authority over programs and projects.
Centennial College welcomes candidates from across Canada. Ideal candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- A polished professional with a minimum of twelve (12) years of progressively responsible experience in a senior advancement role in the non-profit sector and/or post-secondary education
- Demonstrated track record as a strong manager, leader and role model. Is a strategic and influential leader of teams with ability to engage, mentor, and manage teams and senior volunteers in a highly competitive fundraising environment. Understands how to manage employees at various levels of their career (i.e. millennials to baby boomers)
- Proven track record of success in the design, execution and achievement of capital & annual fundraising campaigns
- Track record of aligning advancement goals with academic College programs and initiatives
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans, and goals to realize those plans, in the areas of development/advancement, fundraising and alumni relations including: annual giving, leadership / major gifts, annual giving, and gift planning programs
- Demonstrated experience designing, managing and evaluating fundraising campaigns of $50 million
- Demonstrated success in cultivating, closing and providing stewardship of gifts of large dollar amounts
- Initiating and supporting a strategic and integrated approach to identifying, cultivating and stewardship of campaign leads, prospects and donors
- Strong ability to build and drive a culture of philanthropy/fundraising and alumni engagement throughout the College and with its multiple stakeholders
- Awareness of and sensitivity to diversity and inclusion, including demonstrated experience working successfully with individuals diverse in age, culture, gender, sexual identity and disabilities
This search is being conducted on behalf of Centennial College by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
For additional information, please reach outto Michelle Lalonde at 416-699-5199 / 1.866.647.5149. We request all applications be submitted online only. For technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your resume, please select the 'Apply' button up top to upload your resume and cover letter by March 26, 2018.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.