Head of Preschool and Lower School
Founded in 1962, Bayview Glen (BVG) is an independent, co-educational university preparatory school and a member of the Conference of Independent Schools, the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools and Round Square organizations. Bayview Glen students are challenged to participate at their optimum level, balancing rigorous academic schedules with a wide range of sports, special interest clubs, community service activities and spirited school events. The goal is to develop the whole child by nurturing self-esteem, leadership, academic excellence and independence within a secure and supportive learning environment.
The cornerstone of a Bayview Glen education is its membership in Round Square, a worldwide association of schools on five continents. The Round Square IDEALS of Internationalism, Democracy, Environment, Adventure, Leadership and Service are woven into the fabric of the school. This adds the international dimension and experiential approach to education so necessary in today's education of global citizens and future leaders. This global perspective is an important legacy for all Bayview Glen students.
BVG is Toronto’s academically invigorating, internationally connected, coeducational Preschool-through-Grade-12 independent school. Thriving on two closely connected campuses, its carefully calibrated program welcomes the youngest preschoolers and guides them, step-by-step, to become intelligent, compassionate, proactive young adults.
With the retirement of its current Head Preschool and Lower School, Bayview Glen is looking for a new Head for its Preschool and Lower School.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Head of Preschool and Lower School is a member of the school’s management team and oversees the management of the Preschool, Lower School and Extended Day Program. As an active contributor to the leadership of BVG, the Assistant Head works collaboratively amongst 170 staff.
- Strong senior leadership skills, leading by example to cultivate a climate of motivation, positive energy, and meaning in the work.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills – listens and communicates with respect and empathy.
- A visionary.
- Genuine interest in knowledge and student learning. A passion for education and a special interest in lower school years.
- A strong mentor.
- Works collaboratively.
- Professional demeanor when working under pressure and in decision making.
- A nurturing personality coupled with the right balance of discipline.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
- Able to promote cooperation and collaboration at all levels.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities.
- Proven track record in relationship building with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Energetic leader.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Education or deemed equivalent.
- Broad based and exemplary teaching experience.
- 5 + years of experience in a school leadership role.
- Principal qualifications considered an asset.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Bayview Glen by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector.
Please select the 'Apply for this Position’ button up top to upload your cover letter and resume by March 30, 2018.
For additional information, please reach out to Cynthia Armour at 705.799.0636 or 416.977.2913. We request all applications be submitted online only. For technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.