Gift Planning Consultant
Location: Abbotsford, BC
For over 40 years, Abundance Canada has been helping people be generous. In 1974, the Mennonite Foundation of Canada was created to provide services to those who wanted to support their favourite charities. Its name was changed to Abundance Canada in 2016, but its goal continues to be to make charitable giving joyful and easy.
Abundance Canada envisions a world where everyone lives generously. It is a 100% donor-advised, faith-based charitable foundation committed to helping people live generously. Abundance Canada provides a range of gift planning solutions to assist with charitable giving during one’s lifetime and through a person’s estate. Our Gift Planning Consultants provide personal consultations, lead seminars on gift and estate planning and facilitate a wide variety of complex charitable donations.
Since its inception, Abundance Canada has grown to become a foundation with over $200 million in assets under management. Amidst this growth, Abundance Canada continues to welcome all Canadians who wish to be generous. In 2017 it distributed $19.72 million to 1,133 charities on behalf of clients.
The Gift Planning Consultant develops customized gift planning strategies for generous people to facilitate their current and legacy giving. Responsibilities include:
- Implements strategies to identify individuals who want to be generous with their financial resources
- Develops and facilitates charitable giving plans that are highly customized to meet the charitable goals of those individuals
- Communicates and promotes the vision and values of Abundance Canada that educates, informs and moves people to action
- Develops relationships with professional advisors (wealth advisors, accountants and lawyers) and other key leaders and influencers in the community to further Abundance Canada’s mandate to facilitate generosity
- Invites support for Abundance Canada’s mission
Skills, Attributes & Experience:
- 5 + years of experience in leading and persuading others - ideally in fundraising management or consulting
- Excellent interpersonal skills including effective networking and listening skills
- Superb verbal, presentation, written and problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable and appreciative of the wider Christian church community and related agencies
- Demonstrated ability to be pro-active, take initiative, prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong business acumen
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Active in a local Christian church
- Ability to travel within Canada
- Strong network in British Columbia
This search is being conducted on behalf of Abundance Canada by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector.
Submit your application, by visiting: http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=14. Select the ‘Apply for this Position’ tab to upload your cover letter and resume by February 16, 2018.
For technical issues, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information please reach out to Clare McDowall at email@example.com at 1.866.647.5149.
We request all applications be submitted online only. We thank all applicants for applying. Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.