Senior Development Officer: Major Gifts
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college and was established in 1966.
Over the past 50 years Centennial College has transformed itself from a local community college to a global institution with a presence in several emerging markets, including China, India, South Korea and Brazil. Its core focus is on preparing graduates to enter the work force, while offering students distinct ways to learn to be leaders. It has worked to build lasting partnerships with local communities while preparing graduates to succeed in a global context.
As Centennial reflects on its 50th year of operations, it continues to make impressive strides in meeting and exceeding the high expectations they set in their Strategic Plan, its Academic Plan and its Strategic Mandate Agreement with the Province of Ontario. With four campuses in the east end of Toronto and a brand new aviation and aerospace campus scheduled to open in Downsview in 2018, Centennial is ranked #1 in student satisfaction and #1 in employer satisfaction among the six colleges in the Greater Toronto Area.
Over the last decade Centennial College has built great momentum moving into the second half-century as a leader in postsecondary education. Its commitment to bringing the new essential skills of innovation, entrepreneurship, global citizenship, social justice and collaboration to its learners continues to bear fruit. As a leader in internationalization, the College has done extensive work teaching international students. Conversely, it enables more Canadian learners to have an international adventure: be it completing a semester in Spain, an internship in South Africa or a Global Citizenship learning experience in the Amazon Basin.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible career experience in fundraising and donor prospecting.
- Proven track record in soliciting and closing major gifts from a broad range of donors.
- Experience with prospect research tools and techniques.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of prospects with demonstrated success building relationships, motivating, influencing donors.
- Familiar with trends in fundraising and development.
- Effective project management and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for making presentations, meeting with donors, prospects, writing reports, preparing proposals and documentation.
- Good relationship builder with networking, listening and negotiating skills.
- Reliable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills - ability to prioritize high volume workload, handle multiple task assignments/responsibilities and meet critical deadlines.
- Proficient with computer applications (MS Office Suite) and familiar with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge)
- Four-year degree/diploma in a relevant field such as Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or programs that focus on Fundraising, Development and/or Advancement
- Post graduate certificate in a related discipline would be an asset.
- Academic fundraising experience
Select the 'Apply to this Position’ tab up top to upload your cover letter and resume by December 18, 2017.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Centennial College by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this posting – we would be pleased to connect with them.
For additional information, please reach out to Clare McDowall at 416.977.2913. We request all applications be submitted online only. For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.