Contract Full Time Director, Client Services & Quality
(12 to 18 month Maternity leave)
A Remote Work Opportunity throughout the Pandemic with some travel throughout Halton
Summit Housing & Outreach Programs is a leading non-profit charitable organization providing supportive housing and mental
health services throughout Halton. Our services are based on a flexible, recovery-based model of support.
Partners in providing a better quality of life for the people we serve.
Leadership in supportive housing, case management and systemic advocacy for people with serious mental illnesses.
Inclusion Compassion Trust Quality Diversity
Collaboration Equity Integrity Honesty Respect
Purpose of the Position: As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team the Director, Client Services and Quality reports to the Executive Director with a primary focus on the management of the organization's client programs. The Director, Client Services & Quality will have primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all clinical activities. This will include responsibility for leading planning, analyzing, negotiating, and partnership compliance. Additionally, this role is accountable for overseeing the clinical operational procedures of the organization.
- Ensure all agency programs/services are meeting legislated standards, Ministry and LHIN requirements, accreditation standards, best practices and professional standards.
- Develops, implements and monitors all service targets and other quantitative targets.
- Oversees all program budgets and monitors regularly with management.
- Develops, implements and monitors service quality, through such means as regular audits, annual client surveys, agency clinical training plans and clinical quality plans, including, but not limited to, the annual Quality Improvement Plan and the Health Equity Plan.
- Provide vision/leadership to clinical services and quality, reporting in at the senior leadership level.
- As a member of senior leadership team, provides oversight to all operations of the agency, including human resources, finance, client services, organizational development.
- As needed, provide support to the Board of Directors, as Acting Executive Director.
- Represent the agency on external senior leadership-level committees, working groups, steering committees.
- Provide clinical consultations to managers and workers, around high-risk client situations.
- Responsible for oversight and necessary action for critical incidents.
- Responsible for the organization's Privacy Program including but not limited to daily operations of the program, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, monitoring program compliance, investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches and insuring patients' rights in compliance with applicable legislation at both federal and provincial levels.
- Registration as a health care professional in good standing with a professional college.
- 5 years related management experience.
- 5+ years direct service experience working with clients with complex modalities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with electronic health records, reporting, tracking and data management systems as well as Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, guidelines and requirements of current program funders (MOH, LHIN).
- Knowledge of Social Housing, Rent Supplements, and Residential Tenancies Act an asset
- Masters Degree in medical administration or a clinical field; Psychology, Counselling, Social Work.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Summit Housing & Outreach Programs by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada's non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document - we'd be pleased to connect with them.
To submit your application by February 22, 2021.
Select the role and 'Apply' to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
For additional information please reach out to Heidi Stock at firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 416.930.9732.
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted online only. Technical difficulties submitting your documents? Please email your application to email@example.com and copy Heidi@crawfordconnect.com and cite Summit Housing in the subject line.
Summit Housing and Outreach Programs strives to foster an equitable workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcomes all qualified candidates including racialized individuals, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with culturally diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.