4-H is a non-profit youth development organization that spans 10 provinces across Canada and 70 countries across the world. For over a century, 4-H Ontario has built youth into leaders in their communities and positive contributors to the world. With roots in rural Ontario, today 4-H Ontario is open to all youth, of all backgrounds, across the province.
4-H Ontario is conducting a search for a new:
Director of Philanthropy
Location: Rockwood, Ontario (Remote Working Opportunity)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Philanthropy is accountable to develop and execute a plan to grow and diversify fundraising revenue streams for 4-H Ontario.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Seven to ten (7 - 10) years of experience in a not-for-profit fundraising position with and supporting the fundraising committee of a board
- Strong track record managing annual funds, leadership giving, sponsorships and charitable bequests
- Three (3) years of experience successfully managing a team
- Proven ability to cultivate, solicit and steward existing and potential donors.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge Software and Microsoft Suite
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of AFP guidelines, Donor Bill of Rights and CRA Guidelines
- Strong emotional intelligence. Excellent diplomacy skills - able to leave ego at the door and tactfully, respectfully, and collaboratively work with a wide variety of people; altering style based on the environment.
- Strong influencer
- High comfort level and tolerance to manage stress and the demand of the role.
- A learning mentality
- Strong relationship builder
- Strategic and collaborative; a team player and builder with a commitment to creating a positive and inclusive working environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work from home with eventual periodic visits to the Rockwood office required as well as eventual face-to-face donor meetings
- A sense of humour
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in a related field
- CFRE designation is an asset
- Experience work with associations
- Understanding or experience in the Agricultural sector
This search is being conducted on behalf of 4-H Ontario by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada's non-profit sector.
To submit your application by February 15, 2021. Select the role and 'Apply' to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents. Issues with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We request all applications to be submitted online only.
For additional information regarding this job posting please reach out to Gina Eisler at email@example.com or at 647.529.5106.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website or by email to our consultant, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement for 4-H
4-H in Canada is open to all* without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or, mental or physical disability. 4-H is dedicated to providing a safe and inclusive environment that allows for universal access and participation. Where barriers to participation are identified, 4-H will, with reasonable accommodation, adapt programs, rules, policies, or expectations to reduce or remove the barriers. Any accommodations, changes or exceptions will be assessed on an individual basis, taking into account the (lived) individual experience of the member and their family. The physical safety and emotional well-being of members, leaders, staff and volunteers is 4-H's highest priority, and is the ultimate consideration in final decisions. 4-H Canada and local 4-H organizations consider inclusion (and belonging) a priority. Leaders are encouraged to work with individuals and their families to identify and discuss accommodations as required, and to reach out to provincial or national office staff for help with unresolved concerns.