National Director, Mass Market Fundraising
As a registered national charity in social services, our client is looking to hire a National Director, to lead the Mass Marketing Fundraising.
The National Director, Mass Market Fundraising is responsible for the continued development of all of mass market fundraising programs which includes individual giving, community and events. This new role is responsible for the oversight of all national programs designed to acquire new donors.
As a member of the Senior Leadership team, the National Director will lead the development of new fundraising campaigns and products designed to drive growth, support the organization's emerging regional focus to fundraising, and build a strong donor pipeline to support the major gift income streams.
The National Director is responsible for oversight and leadership of the organization's mass fundraising strategies - developing and delivering plans for the key programs of community and events, and individual giving. This includes the ongoing development and support to building out a strong regional fundraising platform. The role will be the resident expert in mass marketing, along with providing leadership in direct mail, online giving, and peer event fundraising, leading the exploration and potential adoption of new approaches and technologies.
This role will build, inspire, empower and manage a team of creative professionals in developing high-level strategies and narratives that shape our mass marketing activities at both national and community - based levels to multiple audience types.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- A seasoned professional with 10 - 15 years progressive experience in marketing, development or fundraising roles in a liked-sized organization
- A minimum of 10 years of management experience with success leading high-performing teams
- Strong diverse fundraising acquisition to oversee areas
- Strong financial acumen (experience developing annual budgets of ~$3 million)
- Vendor management experience
- National / provincial experience
- Excellent communications skills: verbal and written
- Experience evaluating and implementing technologies that drive donor acquisition and engagement
- Track record of leveraging innovative methods for fundraising
- Ability to lead and communicate high-level strategies as well as dig into the tactics to test and validate assumptions.
- Successful and proven negotiation and organizational skills.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- CFRE (an asset)
- Ongoing professional development
This search is being conducted on behalf of our client by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada's non-profit sector.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence.
Submit your application by October 26, 2020, Select the role and 'Apply' to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents. Issues with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Liz Latimer at email@example.com or 416.690.5377 / 416.977.2913. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document - we'd be pleased to connect with them.